Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Red Ribbon


I think that red ribbon day is important because we are celebrating what this man named Enriqué Kiki Camarena.We celebrate by putting red ribbons and doing activates.The things that Camarena did is,he stopped people from using drugs and selling drugs but then one day on February 7,1985 he went to stop these leaders of a company that sells drugs but one leader pushed Kiki in to a car and he was torched to death then he was killed,so then after his death a few years later Mrs. and Mr.Kennedy started that red ribbon celebration and that's how it started.I think that red ribbon week is important because you are pledging to not use drugs because if we didn't have red ribbon week kids will use drugs and they will get really sick and die of lung cancer, so I think red ribbon week is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment