Friday, May 2, 2014

My Game

  • The Big Idea: Describe your learning topic for the game. What is the most important thing you want your players to learn?     
     My game is about natural selection and how to keep a species alive and reproducing. The player must learn how to keep the species alive and avoid enemies to keep the population going. 

  • Research: What kind of research did you do? What did you learn about your topic?
     I had to research many  websites in order to find specific ways for the player to learn how to natural selection works and what is does. In natural selection, its the way of "survival of the fittest" the strong will live and the weak will be eliminated, it also depends on genes, surroundings, etc.


  • Making Decisions: How did your ideas change as you worked on your game?    
     I had to choose only one certain idea of  natural selection and I had at least 6 other ideas. As I decided, I chose that the player must reproduce with dominant genes.


  • Mastering Programming: What Game Ingredients and Help Center resources have been most useful to you so far, and why?
    When I worked throughout my game, the most useful resource had been the Splash Screen. The Splash Screen teaches the player what the game is going to be about and gives a glimpse of the game.

  • Overcoming Challenges: Which part of making the game was most difficult for you? How did you overcome this difficulty? What features are you most proud of in your game?
    The most difficult part throughout the making of a game is that Flash kept crashing, my files kept crashing and going corrupt. Another difficulty is putting coding in the Flash, I follow the directions and I always have problems. I had help on my game and fixed a couple of bugs and now my game is functional. I was proud when the Splash Screen finally worked and I had completed my other game ingredients.

2 comments:

  1. Too much science, but whatever. The creativity is pretty-good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its really cool looks nice .i wish i can do that.

    ReplyDelete